Path to become a Pythonista

Learning the world's #1 programming language is really exciting, and this year's aim is to get a  python project under my belt. Click here to know why I've chosen python. 

I planned to post what I learn daily, so let's get started. 

Introduction to Python

  • It is a high-level dynamically typed language.
  • It has multiple programming paradigms including OOPs, imperative, functional, & procedural styles. 
  • It is an interpreter language, unlike C, C++, Java which is a compiled language. 


  • Python greatly adds the cost of running the program because it has to be executed each time whereas compiled language binary can be executed any number of times.  
  • This interpreted language runs slower as the compilation and execution are done simultaneously. 
  • It supports dynamic data type. Eg: The instruction 'a = 5;' will do type checking at run-time whereas statically typed variables will do type-checking during compilation as opposed to run-time.
  • It is a cross-platform programming language. Python code can run on Windows, Linux, MAC, and Unix OS.
  • As it is focused on faster developing time, it doesn't have braces '{}' and semi-colon ';'. Hence, our prototyping will be easier. 
  • It has automatic-memory management, unlike C. 
  • Free & open source.

History of Python

Python's age is as same as mine, but it is one month younger to me. 

Guido Van Rossum 

Guido Van Rossum is the founder of Pyhton. To me, he resembles more of Sergio Marquino 'The professor'. 'Benevolent Dictator of Life' was the title given to him. 

I've listed down the topics I learnt in my self-study. 

pyaudio, pyttsx3 libraries

References : PrgrammingKnowledge Youtube channel 


Comments